Summer Session: June 1-8, 2024
Prepare for recitals and auditions; reinvigorate your technique; challenge your assumptions; receive feedback from world-class artists.
Special Topics: Power and Range, Flexibility, Audition Preparation, Excerpt Development, Constructing a Routine
Artists: Phil Smith, Mary Elizabeth Bowden, Billy Hunter, Renée McGee, Nathan Warner, David Dash
Private Lessons: Three lessons (one with each core artist)
Guaranteed participation multiple masterclasses, trumpet ensemble, daily warmup classes, symposium forums, and more.
Apex is North America’s premiere online trumpet symposium.
TRANSFORM your mindset
INVIGORATE your practice
EXPERIENCE world class artists
CONNECT to a community of enthusiastic participants
A P E X is North America’s premiere in-person summer trumpet symposium. On the pristine shores of Lake Lanier, a stone's throw from Atlanta, Georgia, participants hone their creative voices in a stunning lakeside mansion. Participants enjoy private lessons, topic lectures, non-traditional interactive masterclasses from world-class artists, time for individual practice, and trumpet ensembles all taking place in a positive, supportive, and collegial environment.
The program was founded in the Summer of 2020 by Mary Elizabeth Bowden, David Dash, and Nathan Warner, three of America’s most in-demand trumpet performers and educators. Initially conceived as an online platform, A P E X is now an in-person destination experience for trumpeters, bringing participants into the sphere some of the world’s most successful and innovative artists from around the world. A P E X serves as a challenging program for emerging professionals, college music majors, developing amateur players, budding young artists and comeback players alike.
Full Mansion Participants receive:
- Non-traditional, interactive masterclasses with world-renowned guest artists
- Three private lessons with core artists
- Fundamentals classes, focusing on upper register, endurance, efficiency, articulation, flexibility, and jazz vocabulary/style
- Recital and audition preparation
- Orchestral Excerpt coaching
- Solo literature coaching
- Core faculty-led morning warmups
- Access to exclusive Facebook Group upon signing up for community and support from other participants and core artists
- Homemade, allergen-conscious meals
- Lodging with options for private/shared rooms